Saints Draft Picks
Saints Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
|Odds as of late Wednesday and via DraftKings.|
Saints Draft Needs
- QB: The Saints will enter the season with a QB competition between Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill, but it remains unclear if either of them could be the team’s long-term replacement for Drew Brees. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to add a young quarterback in the draft as an insurance policy in case neither Winston nor Hill work out.
- TE: Tight end is a weak spot on the Saints’ offense as it stands right now. Adam Trautman — who caught 15 passes for 171 yards last year — is currently listed as the team’s starter now that Jared Cook is a member of the Chargers.
- WR: Thomas is a star, but after him, their depth chart is very lean with the departure of Sanders. Next up are Smith and Marquez Callaway. Thomas could use some backup, especially with his checkered injury history.
- DL: The Saints’ defense was strong last season and recorded the ninth-most sacks per game (2.6), fourth-fewest rushing yards per game (93.9) and fifth-fewest passing yards per game (217). They’ll need to replace tackle Sheldon Rankins and edge rusher Trey Hendrickson — who left during free agency — on their depth chart.
by Chris Raybon
- WR: Emmanuel Sanders’ departure has left the team too thin behind Michael Thomas, with Tre’Quan Smith the only established player.
- G: Andrus Peat (52nd of 86) and Cesar Ruiz (58th) were both below-average last season. Ruiz was the No. 24 overall pick last season and figures to improve, but Peat has been one of the NFL’s worst guards for three seasons and counting.
- LB: Demario Davis is elite, but the Saints have nothing behind him after releasing Alex Anzalone and Kwon Alexander.
- CB: The departure of Janoris Jenkins leaves a hole at No. 2 corner opposite Marshon Lattimore.